- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Portions: 4/5
- 750 g stewing steak, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 50 g piquillo red peppers, from a jar, cut into strips
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- grated rind of half a lemons
Let's Get Started
- Season the beef, then dust in the flour.
Heat the oil in a pan and brown the meat.
Remove beef, turn down the heat and add the onions and garlic. Cover and cook until softened, 10-15 minutes.
Return the meat to the pan and add the tomatoes and paprika. Stir well and cook for 1 minute before pouring in the stock. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the lid, add the peppers and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes. At this point the sauce should be thick and the beef tender. Scatter with chopped parsley.
- Divide up into suitable portions and freeze down. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw slowly in a fridge or cooler bag. Heat in microwave until piping hot throughout.
- Serve with a crusty bread roll.
This recipe is part of our working lunch recipe series, suggesting easy meals that can be prepared in bulk and frozen for when you want them.
Share this recipe with your friends on your favourite social network…